Thursday, December 8, 2016

Cooking With Love 12/8/16

Good Morning,

The cold weather is here and I for one find it refreshing to be outside this morning with the dog and a hot cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee. The cold truck awaits me, but I will have another mug to travel with. Bring it on!!!!!!!



Our nephew Nick will be watching our house and rooming with our dog Gibbs while we are away to visit our daughter and family in Florida. Those two are a winning combination. When Nick watches our house for us and takes great care of Gibbs, we like to leave the house stocked with some home cooked meals. I ask Nick what he would like and he is always to humble to really tell us what he would prefer in the frig. "Whatever you make is fine with me. I am not picky". Last night I started cooking and in a few hours had three big meals made which should provide leftovers for his lunch.

Rene remarked how quickly it went and how smooth the process was. You see I do all the cooking in our home and consider it a blessing to be able to cook for Rene also. It is easy to do a task when you are doing it for people you love. The people God places in our lives who are close to us are His blessings for us. It's one thing to show them your love through actions, but it always important to verbally let them know how you feel.  I love you should not be hard to say. Your actions then back up your words.  Tell someone close to you that they are loved today. It might be the three most important words of their day.

Mark 12:31New International Version (NIV)
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment