Wednesday, February 11, 2015

You're Gonna Miss This 2/11/2015

Good Morning World,

The middle of the week has arrived already and it seems like I need more time to catch up on the first two days. I can smell the coffee brewing from my den. The flavor today is Door County Mocha Mint. I haven't had a cup of that one in a long, long, time.

Last night I made it home after an elders meeting at church and it was pretty late. As I sat in the kitchen with some milk and a couple biscuits that Rene baked earlier, my mind wandered in prayer. As I looked out the kitchen window and watched some icy snow pellets fall I could not help but rehash our elders meeting. We spent some time talking about the many ways that God has been blessing our church. Then I got a little depressed. You are probably asking yourself, "God is blessing them and he's depressed?" I am very pleased that God is at work within the church and through the men I sat with last night.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18English Standard Version (ESV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

My mind was elsewhere though during our meeting. My thoughts and prayers were for two young men who possess much talent and have so much potential. Two guys that I know well who have fallen away from church and their faith. A few of us have been trying to reach them with little or no response. They have really shut down. I always saw these two and still do hope that someday they would be two of the younger guys to replace us "has beens" as church leaders. As I was listening to all the things that God is doing and participating as well, my only thoughts were of those two. "You're gonna miss this".

They need to get on track or they will not be there to hear or see what God is doing. I know the proper English term would be "You are going to miss this". But I am in a Country Music mood and it's "You're gonna miss this"!  This morning a piece of my heart seems to be missing. But here's what I can do about it. Pray, pray and pray. I can split a piece of twisted oak firewood usually with one swing. I can shoot ducks with the best of them. I can still swing a pretty good pipe wrench. But with this issue none of what I possess as gifts or talents will help. Strength, skill, or a strong will are all useless right now. The best thing I can do is ask God to help and do what I cannot do. I thank Him for humbling me to my knees.  Late last night I realized that I just need to surrender and lean on the Master. Then I fell asleep. He'll fix the piece of my heart too!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment