Thursday, February 5, 2015

Praying Knees 2/5/2015

Good Morning,

It is super cold today. My bones are cold to the core this morning. My Door County Christmas Coffee is warming me from the inside out. My wool hat will be pulled on tight. I believe that a man loses his hair just so he can appreciate his wool hat more.



Psalm 34:1-4

34 I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

In today's Bible verses the Psalmist writes that despite what the circumstances are, good or bad,  he
will praise the Lord and bless Him with his words at all times. The Psalmist gives us an invitation to join him in his praise to the Lord.

The Psalmist also expresses that he was brought through his worst fears. This he proudly exclaims was because he sought out the Lord.

Again what stands out to me is that the Psalmist invites us to join him in his praise and adoration of God. The writer wants us to share in his joy.

When was the last time that you asked people to join you in praise and excitement. We often ask for people to join us in prayer. I think this is a very good idea and would never discourage prayer meetings. I happen to love prayer meetings. But when was the last time that you threw a "Praise Party"?  When was the last time when things looked darkest that you asked others to join you in praise?

In the verses above we see a trust level in God that is second to none. We see a willingness to accept the circumstances because of a love that is second to none. We also see that there is a humility level that is proud to be humble.

I once heard a preacher say that he was blessed to be needy and humbled by circumstances. It helped to keep his praying knees from getting lazy. It was during these times that he spent more time with God.

Just like I said. I enjoyed the hair on my head when I was a youth. But with it's loss I appreciate wool even more. So don't laugh at my hat, join me in praise that I need one and have a nice one. LOL

Sometimes life's trials take us closer to the Lord. So let's all try to praise Him right on through to the end. Let's ask others to join us as we draw closer to God.

God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment