Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Conversion Experience 2/25/2015

Good Morning,

What would you do if you had the day off from all of your responsibilities today? I would still start my day with a big cup of Door County Carmel Apple Coffee. From there, I am not really sure what I would do with my time. Maybe I would finish a book that would take an hour or two.

Joshua 24:21-23New International Version (NIV)
21 But the people said to Joshua, “No! We will serve the Lord.”
22 Then Joshua said, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen to serve the Lord.”
“Yes, we are witnesses,” they replied.
23 “Now then,” said Joshua, “throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the Lord, the God of Israel.”

My conversion experience is a special occasion in my life. July 7th 1981 is a night I will never forget. For me it was quiet reassurance and an indescribable peace that later turned into an emotional ecstasy. There is no doubt that on that night Jesus was given my heart and life. In that holy mystical moment it was the natural thing to do to devote myself to God, as it is with many.

For quite some time I experienced what I called the "Saved By Jesus Honeymoon Period" I couldn't put down my Bible, couldn't miss church, praying wasn't an option, it was life. In the midst of my great joy, I started to get more involved in serving at church. It was at these times that uncertainty and doubt started to creep in from time to time. I couldn't believe that there were times that I didn't agree with other believers at church. From time to time I would experience periods of disillusionment and disappointment. My faith was tested in many ways and I experienced hurt. This still happens but much less now.

One day while reading my Bible and praying I learned that all these tough times form part of the Devil's armory that will bombard Christians in hope that their faith will weaken and their testimonies for God will lose power. Serving the Lord in the local church was, and is the right track.

To fight and resist these times, cling to the promise of Jesus that His grace is sufficient for us. Discipline yourself to look to Jesus in all matters, all the time and to trust Him. He will lead you away from temptation  and always to the path of dedication and service to God, who you surrendered your life to. I was no threat to Satan just reading and praying. Once I got involved??? Well I now was a threat to the evil side.

So do not be discouraged. Once you step up, be prepared for the after effects. But know this. You are on the right course!

Charles Spurgeon wrote "Trust Jesus and you are saved. Trust self and you are lost".

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment