Sunday, February 22, 2015

Taken For Granted 2/22/2015

Good Morning,

I can smell the Door County Red Velvet Coffee perking in the kitchen as I write today. I forgot to set the coffee maker last night on automatic for 4:00 AM. So I must wait just a little bit for may daily cup of java. Arrrrrgh!

2 Samuel 2:6 May the LORD now show you kindness and faithfulness, and I too will show you the same favor because you have done this. (NIV)

It is said that " a mind is a terrible thing to waste". I don't think that I have wasted mine. But I do believe that I have used it beyond what it was built for. I've never solved a world problem or cured a disease with this pea brain of mine. But I do believe there are signs that it is worn out. From time to time I try to think and nothing happens. I hope I am the only one that suffers from stooge mania.

It's time to count our blessings today. Did you know that I have not had to iron a shirt since 1986? Our home has never run out of toilet paper since 1986 and we have enough stockpiled for at least two years. I know our home gets dusted and the windows cleaned, but since 1986 I can't even tell you where the dust equipment is.

We do not possess a toilet paper gremlin, or a shirt fairy. The dust bunnies do not get killed by the dog. My wife is the ironing board surfer.

Now I can identify who does all of that for me and right now she is snoring. Rene on the other hand does not have to cook. I am also grateful for that. One cannot live on peanut butter, popcorn or cheese forever. I am the chef of the house.

I think we all go too often without thanking people who do things for us daily. Maybe it is the one who is your caregiver since you can't live alone anymore? Maybe it is an assistant or co-worker that day in and day out does their job and it goes un-noticed? How about the person who loves you enough to just call and check on you? We take for granted that God assigned them to purchase toilet paper as their calling in life. Really??

So today, let's put the pea brains to a task that is very easy. Let's say thank you to God for providing the blessings we take for granted and let's also thank those blessings. It might make their day. You just never know!!! Someone might just walk up and thank you!

God bless,
Marty

2 comments: