Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rejoicing With Friends 2/24/2015

Good Morning,

How great is our God! Sing with me. How great is our God! Today I am still in the mood to drink a celebratory cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. I wish I could serve the world a cup of it and we could all just enjoy meeting one another. I guess I dream big?

Romans 12:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

The last couple of days has allowed us to actually live out Romans 12:15. Some dear friends of ours could not find their teenage daughter. She was missing and they had no idea where she was. Many people rose to the cause in prayer and tears while the parents, and siblings were distraught with fear. We really don't need to talk about the particulars, we will leave that up to them. But I saw social media that usually is filled with dribble come alive with Scripture, prayer and true concern. Pictures were posted along with pleas for assistance. I saw the best in humanity. Despite the ugliness of this world, I saw the good in a bad situation.

I am happy to say that their lovely daughter was returned yesterday to her home in one piece. I was blessed to be there last night for a few minutes to celebrate her return. Nothing says welcome home like some submarine sandwiches and chips. Sunday I saw God at work through those who love Him.   They worked and wept. Last night I knew He was present, celebrating with those tired parents and siblings. I am proud to know many of the people who exercised their praying knees and offered help.

God is good and He has one great family.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment