Saturday, February 7, 2015

When The Water Is Like Glass 2/7/2015

Good Morning,

Today will start with fresh maple oatmeal, an orange and some Door County Red Velvet Mocha as I write to you and then read some of God's word. Such a quiet morning.

Psalm 23:2-3New King James Version (NKJV)
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.


This is a picture of a cold November morning. That  is me setting decoys in the early morning when the ice was just starting to form along the shore. I was with my nephew Nick who snapped this photo. That was a great day for duck hunting.

I recall reading Psalm 23 on my smart phone that morning while waiting for the ducks to fly. It was so calm out there that the water was like glass. I was thinking about how stressful work had been that week and that I needed a restful weekend. Nothing rests me up better than some quiet time in my boat while sipping coffee, eating a donut, and being accompanied by another good man and my dog. God knew just what I needed. He led me to still waters, my mind was on Him and I could not help but pray and be thankful for the peace granted to me that morning. Not only did I read about the still waters, God gave me a photo to visualize the Shepherd's gift of calm for me.

God desires to have us trust Him daily. One day at a time, we must trust Him. Doing that will always lead to a peace and loss of fear that surpasses all understanding. It is in that trust that we can lose stress, fear and anger. That is the still waters spoken of in Psalm 23.

May the ripples of life be small today.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment