Monday, February 23, 2015

Facing The Day 2/23/2015

Good Morning,

I hope your Monday is peaceful and filled with blessings. My mug is filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee. I rested a little this weekend and kept a slow pace throughout. So Monday came and I am ready.

Each day for all of us has it moments of challenge. For some, the severity of the challenges are much higher than for others. Sometimes it might feel that we are alone.

But we can be there for one another with prayer support and practical support. Many self titled "prayer warriors" are willing to pray and I agree that the world needs more people who pray. But give me a warrior who not only talks the battle, give me one that walks through the battle with me.

This is where today's churches step up and show the love of Jesus Christ in not only prayer but action. It is through the church that our Great God will often show Himself through the actions of others. It is their love for Him that compels people to serve others. God is at work 24/7 and needs no help. But it is His choice to ask us to join Him in His work. God shows His love for all through the extended hand of the church.

Matthew 25:35-40New King James Version (NKJV)
35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

Hey! Step up. God wants to use you.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment