Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Getting To Yes 2/3/2015

Good Morning,

My cup is filled with Door County Caramel Apple Coffee today. My warm coat and hat are ready and I will soon be headed off to work. One of the luxuries that I really enjoy on a cold day is my wool coat and my wool hat. There is nothing better than to be wrapped warmly in wool on a cold day.

Isaiah 6:8New International Version (NIV)
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

How heavy my heart gets when I hear people respond to a call from another Christian for service within the church body. "I will pray about it" is usually an answer that means probably not. "When I get my bills all paid, I should be able to help out" usually means probably not. "When the kids are older" usually means probably not. "After I study and know more, I can help" usually means probably not. "That isn't what I am interested in" usually means probably not.

But yet when we pray for immediate needs we expect an answer right away. We want that yes now. But yet we ask God to wait until we "get to yes".

In the meantime while He is supposed to wait for our yes, another person passes away without hearing about Jesus. Another teen gives up on life and commits suicide instead of us answering the call to help in Youth Groups. Another wife takes a beating while He waits on us to make calls to those we haven't seen in a long time. Another elderly person doesn't make it to church because we are too busy to give them a ride. When we are less busy we can get involved, probably not.

God is looking for people who can get to yes right away when He calls. What's your excuse? What happens when God doesn't wait? Well here's the answer. You miss out on seeing God at work and you live a life that emits  never "getting to yes".  You live in a void that lacks the power to let God rearrange your life. God does not arrange His schedule to meet yours. He is God, and He expects you to meet His schedule, or He moves on and you miss out.

So when someone seems to be asking the impossible, ask God to show you how He will get you to YES.

God bless,
Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment