Friday, February 27, 2015

Treasures That Last Forever 2/27/2015

Good Morning,

Friday at last has arrived. As I leave the house my mug is filled with Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. I will be trying a new flavor tomorrow. Sometimes you just have to shake up your Saturday.

Matthew 6:19-21King James Version (KJV)
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Last night we had a leadership meeting for this summer's church mission trip. I will be writing about more of the details later this year. As I was driving to the meeting destination memories of all the previous trips I have led or participated in flooded my mind. There are so many great God experiences and wonderful memories of people, places and miracles to remember. During most of those trips I was able to take some photos or bring home a souvenir. As I write this I can look up on the top shelf of my desk and see framed pictures of a few of the trips. A rain stick from Peru sits to my right. I hope it never happens, but if a fire would occur in our home or a tornado struck I would probably lose all of those things. But no one can rob me of the memories or the people I will meet in heaven some day that I met one time in a foreign country and Jesus rocked their world with His love. Those are heavenly treasures that I cannot lose.

Corrie ten Boom said "I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

When was the last time that you laid up for yourself a heavenly treasure? What holds you back from service that just might rock the world with Jesus? What is your excuse? It's never too late to get started.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment