Monday, May 12, 2014

Working For A Living 5/12/14

Good Morning,

My coffee this morning is Door County Heavenly Caramel. Monday once again and I am headed into a long week of work. Yesterday as I wrote the devotional I was able to sit on my patio with the temperatures around 68 degrees. The sun was coming up and I said to God, "what a beautiful day this is". During the week with my work times being what they are I don't have time to enjoy the patio until later in the evening. I really am a morning person. A cup of coffee, a sunrise and  watching our dog Gibbs chasing doves around the yard is more pleasure than I can ask for.

Colossians 3:23        

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

2 Thessalonians 3:10         

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Proverbs 14:23         

In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.

Proverbs 16:3         

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

Proverbs 10:4    

A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich
 
 Like many of you I have to work to pay our bills and keep food in the freezer. When we all signed on with the companies we work for,  a wage was established and expectations set for us. If you find yourself without work right now, my prayers are with you. This devotional will help in the future. If you own your own company and employ others you will agree with me whole heartedly.

We owe our employers our best efforts each day. We owe them work for time paid. I see more and more people on their cell phones every day, and participating on social media during times when they are to be working. Friends this is stealing. I hear of people browsing the internet during work hours shopping for this or that. If our employers were to deduct the non worked hours from their pay, there would be a lot of whining and complaining. We should only do these things if allowed during our lunch or break times.

Here's the hard cold facts. You accepted the job and expectations. Now do your best to meet them. Work as if you were being hired as a new employee every day. Make your employer want to choose you every day.

You will be surprised how much faster the day goes by and how much more content you will be knowing that you aren't stealing.

God bless and work hard.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment