Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ice For The Pain 5/21/14

Good Morning,

This morning I am starting the day with a mug of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Just thankful for another day of life and the friends and family that I have been blessed with.

Being one who has always enjoyed sports and the outdoors you learn that the hard activity eventually takes a toll on your body. Age seems to multiply the issues. I find that with the aging process the aches and pains from a work out or a hard day of hunting often requires a little tender loving care for the body later. I find that ice packs work the best for the aching muscles and joints. The ice reduces the swelling and lessens the pain. Nothing like the soothing relief of an ice pack.

The Bible works the same way. Sometimes days can be long, emotions get hurt, feelings bruised, egos decimated, and thoughts smashed. We can turn to God's Word for soothing comfort. I have copied some Bible verses below that can be read for those days when the hurts won't go away without some TLC.

 

Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Psalms 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
 
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
 
Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
 
1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
 
Psalms 22:24 For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hid.den his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him.
Psalms 56:8 You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?
 
Psalms 116:1-2 I love the LORD, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
 
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
 
Hope this helps.
God bless.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment