Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Wow Factor 5/8/14

Good Morning,

Today will find us taking the Mrs. to see an Orthopedic Surgeon. Along with my Bible reading this morning I am drinking some Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee. Hoping for the best outcome and a quick recovery for my gal.

I was watching a lightning show on Tuesday night from the window in my den. It seemed as if every 10-30 seconds a new flash of lightning would occur and paint a new masterpiece of sky writing for me. I watched this display of power and beauty for a good 15 minutes. The display made me think about God. I looked around my den and I have several pieces of art work on the wall. They are all beautiful pieces of wildlife art. They have received many compliments. The artists did phenomenal work. But yet as  good as they are, only God's handiwork in nature has ever taken my breath away. I call this the Godly Wow factor. Only God can write in the sky. Only God can light on half of the world and cause the other half to be dark. Only God can provide a meteor shower for star gazers to watch. God controls the Wow factor. When was the last time you stopped long enough to let a sunrise take your breath away?

I have attached some Bible verses declaring God's power and the beauty He created for us to see.

Psalm 19:1
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.    

John 1:3        

All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.             

Colossians 1:16-17        

For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.            

Genesis 1:31        

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.       

Psalm 104:1-35         

Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent. He lays the beams of his chambers on the waters; he makes the clouds his chariot; he rides on the wings of the wind; he makes his messengers winds, his ministers a flaming fire. He set the earth on its foundations, so that it should never be moved.    

Psalm 33:5        

He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord.

Romans 1:20    

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.    

Psalm 24:1        

A Psalm of David. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein,

Enjoy your day. Take some time to enjoy some WOW!

God bless,
Marty

And don't forget to say thank you to the Father. he painted you a great scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment