Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Favorite Bible Verse 5/15/14

Good Morning,

Very thankful today for a friend who came to our home yesterday and cut down some trees that needed to "leave". LOL  My coffee this morning is Door County Coconut Crush.

Last night my Nephew Nick sent me a text message and asked me what my favorite Bible verse is. I did not have to think very long before I replied. Matthew 11:28-30 is and probably always will be my favorite.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Many years ago on a night when my heart was burdened and I thought that anger and hurt were going to win the battle for my life, I saw an open Bible where there was a picture of Jesus and the verses from Matthew 11:28-30 were written below the picture. It was then that I heard for the first time Jesus call my name. He was extending a saving hand to me and asking me to trust Him. Those verses spoke new life to a heavy soul.  My life has never been the same.

What's your favorite verse? Please feel free to share.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment