Thursday, May 29, 2014

Re-Purposed Furniture 5/29/14

Good Morning,
Happy Thursday to you. This morning is starting with a big mug of Door County Chocolate Meltdown coffee.

My wife, Rene likes to take old things (antiques) and if they are missing a few things and cannot be repaired and re-purpose them into useful items. For instance she watches for old wooden chairs that are being thrown out. He brings them home and if there are a few parts I can use or if I can make simple repairs the chair gets a 6 inch hole cut in the seat and a flower pot is placed in the hole filled with plants for the summer. I will post a picture later this week of one of the finished products. She always says "I hate to see things tossed to the side when they still have value and are useful." Many items once thought as junk and useless have found some new life and served us for a few more years.

People are like that too. As I age I cannot do all the things I used to do. But also with age I have learned a few more new things that I can do now that I could not do when I was younger. I now can restore furniture and have more patience to do so. When I was young I could not see any value in doing that myself. People can re-purpose as they get older and can be of the same value to their community, church and family just by doing the things that they can now do or learned to do through their experiences.

God is willing and able to use us, no matter how young, and no matter how old we are. Everyone – old and young – has their strengths, and we can all learn from and appreciate each other

Psalms 92:13-14a
“Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age” (KJV)


Don't grow older and sit on the sidelines. You might not be able to kick the ball anymore but you are able to call the play. Don't be content to watch the petunias grow. Water the garden. Don't wit to receive a card, send ten. Babysit for a young couple so they can get away. The kids can teach you a computer trick or two. Serve in the church no matter what the capacity. Make a difference.
RE-PURPOSE

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment