Friday, May 30, 2014

House of Prayer? Are You One? 5/30/14

Good Morning,

Friday has arrived and I can say that I am embracing it without any regrets. My coffee this morning is Door County Heavenly Caramel. The cup is not really big enough today.

You will see below in our verse  that God expects prayer from His children. And prayer should be joyful because it is time spent with God, letting go of our burdens and cares. Lifting up our pain can be relief and joy. We can pray with praise.

Isaiah 56:7 (NASB)

Even those I will bring to My holy mountain
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;
For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.”
 
I would like for you to think of yourself as a house. Are you the type of house that attracts people to want to come inside? Basically are you the type of Christian that leads others to prayer? Are you the type of Christian that others seek out for prayer? That's quite a compliment if you are. But don't get too puffed up about it. This is better. Do you lead others to pray? Do you teach them to go to God on their own? Are you the type of Christian that would rather pray than play? Does your family recognize you as one who leads them to prayer? What type of house are you? Are you a house of prayer for all peoples? Do you take your house on the road? Or have you built a house of prayer that resembles a fast food emporium with a drive through? How many times do those orders get messed up? Is that what you teach others?
 
Can people call you to pray at 1:AM? Then, do you go and lead them in prayer as soon as time permits, teaching them to pray? Do you teach others to listen in prayer or have you pumped up your ego so far that they always come to you for the answers?
 
That's why I love my duck hunting buddies. Prayer always comes first. If our families knew how much they were prayed for while in a swamp it would amaze them?
 
I could write on this one for days, but I won't.
 
Have a great weekend!
 
God bless,
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment