Monday, May 26, 2014

Honoring Our Fallen . 5/26/14

Good Morning.



I am writing today a little later than usual. I did fill a thermos with Door County Highlander Grog coffee to stay with me throughout my adventures. My day started early with a little scouting for duck season and some time later to honor our fallen American Veterans. A grateful nation says thank you.

Thank you for fighting and giving your life for our freedom never seems to be enough. As I go through life and discover veterans as I go, or active military members, I make sure to say thank you to them. I have had several say "it was my honor to serve you". And they always reply with a thank you in return. This always amazes me. They say thank you for a thank you. I am proud to say that I am the son of a veteran who is still alive. He still salutes the flag, removes his hat during the singing of our national anthem and places his hand over his heart. He always says that war was not anything he would wish on anyone but that he would do it all over again if asked to.

Today let's pray for the families of the fallen, the older veterans we are blessed to still have with us, the new veterans and the men and women currently serving. Let's pray for peace that we might not have to lose anymore.

John 15:13

King James Version (KJV)
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Have a wonderful day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment