Saturday, August 6, 2016

You Can Hear Yourself Sweat 8/6/2016

Good Morning.

Is everyone awake yet? My eyes are a little foggy this morning. But a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee should fix that up on a minute or two.


During my recent mission trip to Haiti, sleep was a precious commodity.  I found myself fighting for the rest I needed. I was unable to acclimate to the heat. One night in particular I laid awake most of the nigjt. Sweat was pouring from my body like a leaking faucet.  It was such a restless night and unusually quiet. Quiet nights were not the norm where we were staying.  I swear it was so hot and quiet that I could hear myself sweat.

I prayed and asked "Lord what good can come from this sleepless night?" I heard nothing from God. I prayed in the Spirit for each team member and fell asleep around  5 AM. Later that day we sent out teams to perform actions that they knew God had called them to do. Itwas kind of a Spiritual free day.

When they returned full of Spiritual victory stories I knew why I had been awake praying. One team reported that they went up to a voodoo temple and encountered the high priest. The spiritual battle was on! God won and the priest converted to Christianity.  God did an amazing thing right before their eyes.

As they were reporting I closed my eyes and said a prayer of thanksgiving.  Every drop of sweat was worth it. Every minute unable to sleep was worth hearing their victory stories. At that moment God spoke and I taught that same Scripture in the evening.  What He spoke was this.

Luke.10:18-20
"I saw Satan falling from heaven as a flash of lightning! And I have given you authority over all the power of the Enemy, and to walk among serpents and scorpions and to crush them. Nothing shall injure you! However, the important thing is not that demons obey you, but that your names are registered as citizens of heaven. 

Later that evening as I taught this verse to them . I reminded them of Who sent them and if it weren't for Jesus and his sacrifice we would just be on a vacation to Haiti.  All of our projects went well but behind the scenes God was waging war.

Have you heard yourself sweat yet?  If you do. Pray for someone. You just never know what God has planned for their day.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment