Monday, August 29, 2016

Grilled Chuck Roast And The Bible? 8/29/2016

Good Morning,

Here comes Monday and it has a full head of steam. I will meet it whole heartedly with a prayer, Bible verse and a cup of Door County Frosted Cinnamon Buns Coffee.



Tonight I will be grilling a big beef chuck roast for dinner and for our lunches tomorrow. I like grilled foods and this particular recipe was given to me by a wonderful lady from the South Side of Milwaukee. I personally have used this recipe since 1976. It is a winner for sure.

Like all good things, this one takes a little work, You first have to mix up a marinade and then place the liquid and the beef in a pan, turning it every couple of hours. It then can sit over night and later be grilled over hot coals.



The marinade tenderizes the roast and makes a crunchy coating on the meat when grilled. It adds great flavor to that big chunk of beef.

God's Word (The Bible) is like a great marinade. It often softens and tenderizes the heart of man when read. Now I can wish for roasted chuck roast all day, but unless I marinade a roast and then grill it up, my desires will never be met.

The same goes with wanting a deeper relationship with God. We need to be deep into His Word, allowing the Holy Spirit to marinade and tenderize our hearts and listen and be obedient to God.

"Create in me a pure heart, and renew a steadfast spirit in me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."
- Psalm 51:10-12

"Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes from worthless things (idols); Preserve my life according to your word."       - Psalm 119:36-37

"Give me an undivided heart."       - Psalm 86:11

"Even now, declares the Lord, return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning. Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity."     - Joel 2:12-13

What do you say now? Do you allow the Word of God to pierce your heart? Do you seek more of it? Do you desire to be softened and develop a caring and sharing heart?


Tomorrow we will study the heat of a grill.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment