Friday, August 26, 2016

Are Your Kids Driving You Crazy? 8/26/2016

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to you. Let's raise up a cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee and toast ourselves. We made it to Friday! I am rejoicing for two friends of mine. There daughter has been missing since June and she was found alive yesterday.

Proverbs 29:15   
The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

If any two parents had a kid that could drive them crazy my parents had the prize. I was always into something and just could not be taken seriously especially while in  high school. I have attached a picture which is too old to be clear, but in it you can see my mother holding her head in sorrow as I posed for a picture before heading out to a dance.



Maybe you have a kid who is driving you nuts and you often wonder how you ever gave life to him or her. One thing I can say about my parents is that they did not give up on me. I would make mistake after mistake, learn the hard way, catch their correction and sometimes some well deserved wrath, but they never quit on me. I am sure they wanted to throw in the towel many times. But for some reason they didn't. I am glad that they didn't because I am sure it would have only gotten worse. They did not leave me to myself. I was my own worst enemy at times.

So when the days turn into long nights, remember to pray for those kids. Leave a light on and always hope. Maybe you will be blessed enough to have your drunken son eat the dish of dog food by mistake, because you placed it on the stove like a plate left for a hungry son. We still laugh about that one. Well the family does, I just bark.

Hang in there if it is real bad. Join a prayer and support group. Fight for your kid. Never quit.

God bless,

Marty



3 comments:

  1. AMEN! I have 4 and there's always something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You turned out pretty good. Have fun today! See you on the next one?

    ReplyDelete