Wednesday, August 10, 2016

God Showed Himself 8/10/2016

Good Morning,

I put on a happy heart today and headed to the kitchen for a cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee. An ice cold peach and some Cheerios for breakfast and I am set to challenge this day.

Matthew 5:8. Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.

I don't know about you but there are times in my life when I seem to need God the most and it's then that He seems so distant. I have figured out what my personal plan for God's absence is. I get too involved in "stuff". I allow myself to wander from God's path because I get too wrapped up in stuff or worries. My quiet time with God suffers, my prayers are rushed and Bible time is depleted to almost non-existence. My formula for disaster is self made and I am the owner.

If during these times I were to keep my heart focused on God at all times my life storms would not seem so lonely. When my heart is consumed with stuff, it has no room for God. I miss out on what He is doing in the world and what He is doing in my life.



I have added a picture of one of our team members who went to Haiti for a short term mission trip. One American teen, one Haitian child. Neither could speak the other's language, yet this child needed to be embraced and loved. The teen had plenty of love to give. Both saw God at work and only God could transcend, age, race, language and color of skin to produce moments of love. The focus of the heart was God and His work. The heart focused on God is a pure heart. The mission trip cost that teen money, time away from family, friends and hobbies. The results of following God was priceless.

When did you see Him last? Does your heart need to be swept clean? Only you know.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment