Thursday, August 11, 2016

I Rejoiced When They Said To Me. 8/11/2016

Good Morning,

I can hear the racket of my Door County Cherry Crème Coffee brewing in the kitchen. I am up a little earlier than usual today. Our alarm clock of a dog decided that it was time for us to move. I heard a small flock of geese pass over the house way earlier than usual. I was hoping that the Springer Spaniel hunting machine didn't hear them, but I was wrong. His internal calendar is telling him that it will soon be time to hunt. My internal clock was telling me "15 more minutes of sleep" would be nice. I get up, he goes outside for a minute, he eats and goes back to sleep. I have a hard time not getting up with that eager face staring at me. I mumble, "just a few more weeks buddy"

 

Tuesday night our elder board met at church for our monthly meeting. One of the items on the agenda is a time for us to share praises. We do share prayer requests and pray for guidance, but to be honest I really enjoy hearing about all the things that God is doing within our board and the church. I get goose bumps on my arms when I hear the stories of our Awesome God.

God does some amazing things in my own life, but to be able to praise Him with others as I hear about what He has done and is doing means so much more when it is shared. Somehow rejoicing with others seems to be a big deal for me. I really don't care if I have anything to report or not. But being happy for others and listening somehow is just as good. I see their smiles and their passion when they discuss victories and lift them up in praise.

I guess for me, church has taught me another way to praise. Psalm 122:1New International Version

Psalm 122

A song of ascents. Of David.

I rejoiced with those who said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”

I hope your day is blessed from above.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment