Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Rice, Beans And Hungry Children 8/3/2016

Good Morning,

The day has begun with a prayer and the perculator spewing out some Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee. My heart goes out to a dear friend today who's mother passed away yesterday.




I once again will write about my time in Haiti last week. I was truly blessed with a team of people who had hearts that overflowed with love for others. One of our assignments for four nights was to feed rice and beans to a little over a hundred kids. It was truly a labor of love.

I was recalling my from lunch from yesterday of salmon, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. As I was eating my thoughts turned to Haiti. Those kids ate rice and beans for four dinners with smiles on their faces. There were no complaints. To them, my lunch would have been fit for a king.

They sat and ate and some helped the littlest children with their plates. My friends assisted with some of the tiny ones. We saw older children eat less so they could feed their little siblings more off of their own plates. The team paid for the rice and beans from money they raised for the trip. Another sacrifice of love. I would bet that they never thought about how much work the fund raising was while they were watching these little children eat and go to bed with full stomachs.

We witnessed love at it's best. I hope the team and the children remember it late into their lives. I know Someone who will.

Matthew 25:31-40

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.



God bless.  Feed someone today!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment