Monday, August 8, 2016

Georgia Peaches And Love Letters From God 8/8/2016

Good Morning,

Monday has arrived once more and I am embracing the day with prayer, humility and a cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee.

Psalm 147:5New International Version (NIV)
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
    his understanding has no limit.

Last Saturday I was shopping in the famers market of Rene's home town. Whenever possible I like to shop locally from the farmers in the area. I did walk away with some bargains and some very good vegetables and fruit.



Not too many peaches are grown in Wisconsin, but when peaches are being harvested in Georgia and are trucked up to Wisconsin I make sure to purchase a case or two. I like to preserve peaches for ice cream and pie. I also make a mean batch of peach salsa. Most of all I like to eat them while they are fresh. I chill them in  the refrigerator, grab a napkin and have at it for breakfast.

As I was eating a cold one yesterday morning, my thoughts turned to prayer and I was of course thankful for the peach I was enjoying.  My thoughts turned a little more globally and I was taken to the fields of trees and fruit I have seen in our country. The apple trees of our own back yard always amaze me. I was reminded of how blessed we are to be able to eat of the fruit and vegetables of the world. Then I was allowed to let my mind wander in prayer and praise to God. He knew just what peach I would be eating. He knows the farmer who grew that one peach. He knows what tree it hung on. He sent the rain to water it. He gave it the right amount of sunshine so it would be sweet and juicy.

My thoughts and prayer made me feel so small compared to a God that knows all the peaches on a tree and who they will feed. My breakfast of a peach seems so simple and yet so complex. The day that the peach tree blossomed and that one bud opened God wrote a love message and started the process to send it to me.

So today look around a see the love letters God wrote to you months ago. You cannot help to feel very small yet so very important and loved. Never take that love for granted.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment