Sunday, August 21, 2016

Buttered Corn Please. 8/21/2016

Good Morning,

I am at church already helping to prepare for our annual church picnic. I brought my own Door County Kona Coffee to treat myself and a few helpers as we shred roasted pork for the lunch.


Our Men's Ministry roasted the barbecued pork and will be heading up the roasted corn with Wisconsin butter. Those guys are good at whatever they try. Last night they were setting up and I was delivering the corn that we had purchased from a local farmer. There were many church members there preparing for the picnic. It was like watching ants at a picnic. It seemed pretty well organized and everyone was working hard to make sure that the day was one that would be special and very pleasing to God. it was a lot of work but I saw many hands. That really made me feel good about our church. I saw these same hands a few years ago work to restore the church after we flooded from some major storms. We were up and ministering again within a week.  God has blessed us with good people who don't mind some hard work. Last night as I prayed I tried to remember them all bet fell very short of that goal. But God knows who they are. For me the work will be well worth it when some little kid walks up and says " Buttered Corn Please"! That's a church family in action.

Proverbs 10:4New International Version (NIV)
Lazy hands make for poverty,
    but diligent hands bring wealth.
Have a picnic kind of day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment