Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Stop Sign Is Your Friend. 7/6/2016

Good Morning,

This cup of Door County Coconut Crush Coffee is going to start this day with gusto. I really like that word gusto. I don't know why, but I do. I think that's how I try to live my life full of gusto!



Our grandson Dominick has been visiting for the last two weeks. Dom has a learners permit to drive a vehicle now. So we have been doing a lot of practice driving while he is here. One of the first things I reminded him of was "The brake is your friend, I am precious cargo and a stop sign is also your friend. While driving, one needs to observe stop signs. The law says you must come to a complete stop, and evaluate if you should continue, before moving on. This is driving 101. Failure to do so could be a real hazard and especially dangerous. It is always best to avoid accidents. Dominick has proven himself to be a conscientious driver  and I am actually relaxed while he drives. We do however go over the proper way to stop and then proceed.

Life is the same way. We come to crossroads all the time. There are always choices to be made and decisions to make.  But if we take the time to stop and check our actions or decisions against Scripture we can avoid costly mistakes and grievous errors. The Bible is one big stop and go light. When I do not receive an answer right away I linger in caution or proceed slowly, ready to hit reverse on that bad decision in a quick hurry.

2 Timothy 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

We can make the right decision if we just take time to use the stop sign God has provided.

Turn left or to the right?

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment