Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Same Sun 7/3/2016

Good Morning,

Still missing that cup of Door County Red Velvet Coffee.  Lots planned for today including a parade.

Psalm 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God. I have put my trust in the Lord God. That I might declare all your works.



Last night our grandson Dominick and I went for a ride in Northern Wisconsin where we are staying for a couple of days. We did a little time travel. This little town was my mother's home town. I showed Dom where many of my aunts and uncles lived. The place where we went for ice cream, the lake we would swim in and take a bath. It brought back many memories. I could recall the sunsets on Black Oak Lake abd asked him if he would mind waiting for the sun to go to bed so I could relive a memory.

Many, many things have changed in this little town. All of my aunts and uncles are gone. Mom is gone and we are now old ourselves.

I am not sure what I was looking for and I am not sure Dominick got anything out of it except for some driving practice. But the sun went down as if it were 1966 all over again. The view was awesome. I closed  my eyes and I could hear my sister telling me to throw her the Ivory soap bar to her. I could see our towels on the beach with our flip flops.  I could hear us whining about the half a mile walk back to grandma's.

I went to find something and God gave me a beautiful sunset and a replay of a mind video of days gone by. I went to bed and slept like it was 1966.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment