Thursday, July 7, 2016

Feet Ready To Travel 7/7/2016

Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java is helping me to celebrate Christmas n July. With this heat wave we are having I could almost take a little snow on the ground. But that will come soon enough.

Isaiah 52:7New King James Version (NKJV)
How beautiful upon the mountains
Are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
“Your God reigns!

Last night I started working out again so I can be in better shape for my upcoming short term mission trip to Haiti. My age is against me and these knee joints will be replaced in March. But I couldn't be more excited to be preparing to go. I have started packing a little bit here and there. But my heart is already packed. So I will continue to work out and get proper rest. That means putting my feet up and napping even when I don't want to. I want to be ready spiritually and physically.



Ten days will be spent doing what I need. Ten days drawing closer to God. More time to pray and see Him at work. Going to Him seeking His desires for each day. Watching Him to reveal Himself to my companions, listening to their encounters with God. I have read all there is to read about heaven in my Bible. I really can't fathom how beautiful it will be. But for ten days I will see heaven in action full time. I have been on many mission trips and each one grows sweeter with age. What a gift from God to be able to join Him in His work!

There is no doubt that I will miss my family and friends. I know for sure that we will be bathed in prayer daily. I covet their prayers and thoughts. My church will watch out for my wife. So no fears for me. Color me happy!

So for now, I must go to work.

Be well.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment