Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Prayer For Haiti 7/19/2016

Good Morning,

Wow this week seems to be in hyper speed, so much to do, so little time. I need to embrace this day with a cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee and hit the road running.




I will be leaving soon for a short term mission trip to Haiti. This is my third trip to Haiti and I know for us to be successful we need to be in prayer at all times. We also request of our friends, family and churches to remember us in prayer. We will also be in prayer ourselves and for those back at home.

It has been said that "prayer is the God given right of every Christian to call on God for others and themselves."  So I ask that you assert your right to pray and more than that, let it become a habit. Let prayer be part of all that you do.  I have attached some Bible verses on prayer. Pick the one that best suits you and make it your reminder to pray. Print it and place it in areas that you will notice it and stop and pray.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5:14

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4:2

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
Jeremiah 29:12
 
I for one would covet your prayers for the next couple of weeks. I will never turn down a prayer.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment