Thursday, July 14, 2016

Find A Cool Place 7/14/2016

Good Morning,

Thursday is allowing me to see Friday in the headlights. I just filled my cup with Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee and now it is time to write.



Occasionally these summer days get a little too warm and humid for me. I do believe that this increased heat is God getting me in heat shape for my upcoming mission trip to Haiti.

Isaiah 4:6   His glory will shade the city from the heat of the day and make it a place of safety, sheltered from the rain and storm.

We have been created to be intelligent human beings who should know enough to keep hydrated in hot weather and seek cool shade from the sun.  We are created to feel hunger so we know when to pray. Even our dog knows when he is too hot and seeks a cool spot.

Here's a combination that works for me. When it is hot outside and I need to relax a little, I find a cool spot to sit. For some, it is near the water or on a hill. For me, it is usually whatever is handy and nearby. I like to sit and take in my surroundings, pray and read my Bible or a theology study book. But most of all I hope for a breeze to blow on my face a little and refresh me. The breeze reminds me how God breathed life into the first man. I sit back and think about every breathe I take being a gift from God. You won't get that inspiration from an air conditioner,  I like being outside and consider it a gift. Now air conditioning is nice and if you have it, you are blessed. But sticking yourself inside a building robs you from experiencing natural sound, light, birds, and other nature that God gave us to experience.

Get outside when you can and take it all in.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment