Monday, July 11, 2016

Pecan Pie 7/11/2016

Good Morning,

Monday came even after I asked for it to hold off for another day. I filled my Thermos with Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee and I packed a chef salad for lunch. Definitely something to look forward to.



1 Timothy 5:8                  
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon visiting Rene's mother. Mom is in a rehab center after a terrible fall. Her progress is very slow. I watched Rene take care of her soon to be 89 year old mother. She exhibited extreme kindness and patience as she ministered to Mom's needs. We had taken her clothes to Mother's house to wash them and return them to the center. I watched as Rene folded the clothes with care and hung them as needed on hangers. You would have thought that they had been professionally folded. Then it came to me. My mother in law has always entered many of her crafts, canned goods and bakery into competition at the local county fair. I watched her one time as she was making a pecan pie just around the time for the fair. (Her pecan pie is to die for.) She was arranging the top layer of pecans with precise accuracy. I said to her "that looks great, it will certainly impress the judges." Mother replied "this one isn't for competition. This one is for you. It has to be perfect for people who are loved." Rene can't make a pecan pie like her mother. But what I saw yesterday was that the clothes had to be hung with care and folded for someone who is loved. I guess that acorn did not fall far from the tree.

I went away thinking to myself that through both women I have seen the best of love. The love of God shows through them.

Love to all,. Have a great day. Be kind out there.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment