Friday, July 1, 2016

Fishing Trip With The Boys 7/1/2016

Good Morning,

Life has been a roller coaster of barrel turns the last couple of weeks. Friday made it right on time for me. As I prepare for a Haiti mission trip later in July all get out has unloaded on me and the family. So as I drink this cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee I have to look to heaven as a I pray and say, "it's time to go fishing".

John 21:3   
Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.” They said to him, “We will go with you.” They went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

This weekend my nephews Nick and Matt, our grandson Dominick and me are headed North to Michigan to get away and fish a little bit. Rene has much to do with her mom and told us boys to go on without her.

We are going to brave the mosquitoes and whatever else comes our way and fish in the clear waters of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. One of the lakes we will fish is a very remote lake with more than tough to reach access. I have fished these lakes with each of these guys when they were little boys. Now I return on a family outing with grown young men. I will be the old buck in the group, but someone has to be the steady force in this overcharged group of testosterone.




All four of us have been stressed lately and as the oldest and most of the time the wisest, I declared a fishing weekend and a visit to Grandpa. When in doubt, go fishing or hunting. We will pray and God will be first in all we do. But when in doubt go into nature and see what God has given us, be appreciative and enjoy.

We will recharge, relive memories, and bond together. That's how it should be.

Proverbs 27:17New International Version (NIV)
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.

Have a great weekend. I know that we will. God bless.

Marty


 



1 comment: