Thursday, July 21, 2016

I'm Gonna Miss This 7/21/2016

Good Morning,

What a day this will be! I am headed to Haiti with my sidekick Paul and our friend Alice will join us tomorrow. The rest of the team will be there on Sunday. We are looking forward to our time serving the people of Haiti and God. I will not be writing again until August 2nd. I am going to miss spending time with all of you. My mug is filled Door County Cinnamon Biscotti Coffee and that will be that final cup until I return home.

There is a lot of things that I will miss. I will miss Rene for sure and that furry ball of fun named Gibbs. I will miss my friends and relatives. I will miss my coworkers. I will miss watching the flower garden change each day. But I will concentrate on the tasks of the week and growing closer with God. The days will go by quickly.


The flowers will look different in ten days. But one thing won't change. And that One Constant is God. So as I leave all of you and not liking saying goodbye even for ten days, I will say it with Scripture.

Philippians 4:6-9New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

The humor in it all, is when I get back home I will miss my new friends in Haiti and the time spent each day with God.

God bless all of you. You are loved more than you know.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment