Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Prayer And Fasting. 7/12/2016

Good Morning,

If you are reading this today, rejoice in the fact that you can read, your are alive and can serve God another day. You can make a difference today. I plan on making a difference today right after I drink this cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and pray.



The Bible has much to say about prayer and fasting. In the United States there has been a recent outbreak of death, demonstrations, anger and requests for prayer.

It is the requests for prayer that I understand, yet they have me perplexed. I am not seeing many if any people on television asking for people to gather with them for prayer. Now I believe God hears all prayers, even the ones that come from my duck boat, but I also believe in corporate prayer and fasting. I believe corporate prayer builds community. When I look at the hundred upon hundreds of people marching, rioting and demonstrating, it makes me wonder what would be accomplished if that same group joined others in prayer and fasting. We are all wanting unity, justice and peace, and that is a big order. That type of request should be accompanied by serious prayer warriors and people who will fast. 

 Matthew 17:20-21 And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. “But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

Who are we kidding with all the protests, social media rants  and violence? We need to get off of our feet and on our knees. We need to be people of prayer and fasting. Only then will we have hope.

Please think about this? What do you say? Wednesday for a day of prayer and fasting?

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment