Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pack Up Your Tent 7/17/2016

Good Morning,

This day finds me content, but busy preparing for our upcoming mission trip to Haiti. It won't be too long before I won't have Door County Highlander Grog Coffee in the morning.

Genesis 12:1New King James Version (NKJV)
12 Now the Lord had said to Abram:
“Get out of your country,
From your family
And from your father’s house,
To a land that I will show you

Yesterday  I took some time and put my tent together and filled my air mattress to test the system  for a couple of days. It helps be to be somewhat sure that I won't have an equipment failure before I begin.





People seemed amazed that some of us will be staying in tents while in Haiti. I think it is a pretty good way to camp.  The houses get way too hot during the day for us snow bunnies. I place a battery fan in the top of the tent and stay somewhat cool at night.

Philippians 2:14-16New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

I for sure will miss some of the comforts of home. But with every call by God there is a crisis of faith. For me sleeping outside on an air mattress is just a minor inconvenience. What would be worse would be to disobey God and not go. I bet I would not sleep well even in my own bed if I made that mistake. I for sure would not fish by the ocean if I disobeyed. I might be swallowed by a huge fish and spit out in Haiti. Just ask a fella named Jonah about that stunt.

Philippians 4:11-13New International Version (NIV)
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

A short trip of nine days and I will be home, God willing. But I need to stay focused. No complaining, no missing anything, just making the best of what God provides. I will make new friends and serve with some old ones.

Sounds good to me! What are you complaining about today? Ask for strength. Jesus delivers as much as you need.

Marty


2 comments: