Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hunting in the Fog 9/1/13

Good Day,

I started this morning way too early to publish the devotional. But I tell you that this day started with a hot thermos full of Door County Highlander Grog coffee.

The early morning goose hunt began today. The temperatures have been very erratic here extreme heat with quick cool downs. Today was on the cool side to start. That change produced a heavy fog.

The new spot we wanted to hunt had only been scouted during daylight hours and only by one guy.

We started to cross the marsh in a small boat. No amount of light was going to help. The fog was thick and we ended up being off course by about two hundred yards. We settled in to hunt and I must say it took a few hours for the fog to burn off. When we could see it was clear that 200 yards to our left was where I had wanted to be. Dejected we went home without any game to cook.

So here is my point. We cannot choose the weather conditions. But with all of today's gadgets (GPS) if I had scouted the land and had recorded it I could have gone right to the correct spot without any fuss.

Many people wander around through life without a GPS God's Positioning Device which is hearing from Him and having Him give the directions. Scripture clearly states that we can ask for wisdom and receive it.

James 1:5 (NIV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.


Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’


Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

So why wander through life in the dark?

Ask

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment