Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lack of Support the Last of the Dream Killers 9/25/13

Good Morning and God Bless,

Today finds me starting the morning with a hot cup of Door County Coconut Crush Coffee.

Many a good man or woman hears a call from God and expresses to his family, friends, or church what God has called him or her to do. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. Many a good man or woman will also quit before even getting started because of lack of support. I am not just talking about financial support but emotional support, material support, prayer support and just plain old friendship. Many people are discouraged by their closest loved ones or even their church. Oh they all mean well. I found myself doing this once. A close friend of mine told me that she was called to missions in Yemen. I told her to reconsider and think it through. "That's not an easy region to be a missionary". Fortunately she did not listen to me. When she would come home for visits and we would meet I noticed that I had never seen her more alive. She would tell of hiding Bibles under her skirt and how many children relied on her to love them. Her eyes twinkled with excitement. But I would have had her stay home. God called her home to be with Him and her eulogy confirmed for me to fulfill my calling to short term mission trips as a leader. Her life spent as God desired had a huge impact on many.
We need to encourage one another to listen for God and obey. Give each other support not discouragement.

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Romans 12:13
Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Acts 15:32
Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the brothers.
Hebrews 10:25
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

You never know. The life others impact might be yours.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment