Saturday, August 31, 2013

Working My Way Back to You 8/31/13

Good Morning from our home to yours.

Early riser again today. Starting today with a fresh cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee.

There was a popular song performed by a couple of groups years ago. "Working my way back to you". Of course it is a love story of how a guy did the girl wrong and now he is working hard to get back to her and in her good graces.

One thing I know from either side of the genders is that when a spouse messes up badly it is a lot of work to get back and be the same.

Yet with God it is different. We all have sinned and fall short of the mark. Yet God embraces our return to Him with open arms.




James 4:8

New King James Version (NKJV)
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

One step toward God and He steps toward you. As far as working our way back to God that is impossible.

Ephesians 2:8-9

New International Version (NIV)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.


Jesus is that gift. Inviting Him in to be your Lord and Savior is the first step. Jesus paid the price by death on the cross for our sins. Asking for forgiveness through faith and accepting it is the second step.

John 14:1-7

English Standard Version (ESV)

I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;[a] believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?[b] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”[c] Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.[d] From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
 
Working our way back to God? Take the route God planned out. Take Jesus.
 
God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment