Monday, September 9, 2013

Right where I want to be.9/9/13

Good Morning,

Monday morning and the weekend was shortened by a day of work for me. As I look at my calendar for the week I see a long week ahead. So this morning I decided to break out the Dour County Coffee Company fall flavors and treat myself to some caramel apple coffee.
http://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ 

I was in my yard sitting on the patio on my favorite picnic table drinking coffee yesterday morning. Because of the work day being planned for a Sunday I wasn't goose hunting with friends or my nephew. Now please don't think I blow off church to hunt. I do the preaching for our Saturday night service. So I am a regular church goer.

But while sitting at the table I received a Face Book notice from my nephew saying he felt blessed because he was out on the water and two dozen mallards flew into his decoys for him to see.

I was very happy for him and wanted to be there too. But then it dawned on me that there wasn't anything I could do about it. I am where I am. I will be where I need to be. It also set in that I cannot change my age or change much about my comings and goings. So when the Holy Spirit spoke again this morning He reminded me to be content.


1 Timothy 6:6New International Version (NIV) But godliness with contentment is great gain.          

                        

Hebrews 13:5New International Version (NIV)

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.”[

No comments:

Post a Comment