Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sitting on The Dock of The Bay 9/4/13

Good Morning,

Ever have one of those sleepless nights when no matter what you try sleep just escapes from you? That was my night. So I will start today with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee.

Sitting on the dock of the bay is the title to a song performed by Otis Redding in the 60's. He wrote the song while watching ships going in and out of the harbor. I have listened to the tune from time to time and pictured how quiet and peaceful that must have been. It also makes me wonder what it would have been like to have been sitting with Jesus listening to Him by the sea. How serene that would have been.

We need quiet time for ourselves and for time with Jesus. Before it gets too full of winter find a dock and a bay and spend an hour with God. Let the waves be the music  and the silence soothe your heart and mind as you pray and read scripture. You can still listen to Jesus.

John 10:27  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Take some time and sit at the dock of the bay, But don't sit alone. Invite Jesus to sit with you.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment