Thursday, September 19, 2013

Banana Bread as a Gift? 9/19/13

Good Morning,

Starting my day super early with a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee in my hand.

Last night our home was filled with the aroma of banana bread baking in the oven. My wife had just started baking the bread. Her goal is to send it to my Dad in Michigan. He lives alone now and was used to my mother baking for him. He mentioned once while we were visiting that her baking was one of the things he missed most about her now that she has passed on.

My wife listens closely to conversations. After returning home she said "I am going to start baking breads or cookies and send them to your Dad. I can't take Mom's place but I can do a little." I have to tell you that she sends the bread priority mail, and when it arrives in Michigan I get a call right away. The local Post Office even calls my Dad to tell him that "the bread is here". He thinks the priority packaging is very funny.

But what is more important is that a loaf of banana bread brightens his day. We all need to listen closely to others. What you actually hear might help you to bless others with an act of random kindness. But listening only, without action is fruitless.

James 1:22 ESV         
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

God bless, Go deliver a cake!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment