Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cure for a Rainy Day 9/7/13

Good Morning,

I am a little disappointed in the weather today. The local forecast was for warm weather and sunshine. The last words I heard from the weather report before going to bed was "very little chance of rain".  But I woke up to a wet patio and light rain. Just enough to keep me inside. So I changed the coffee flavor from Door County Maple to Door County Coconut Crush.



So as I started to whine about the weather I believe the Holy Spirit prodded me and said this.

"Weren't you going to water your plants and grass today? God did it for you? He loves you."
"Aren't you a duck hunter? And weren't you concerned that water levels are a little low because it has been dry in your area?  God heard you and answered your prayer? He loves you.
"Your coffee cup is full, others in the world don't have any. You are blessed. God loves you."
"You don't really like warm to hot weather do you? It is cooler for now and it will be hot again for others before winter comes. Learn to share. God loves you?"
"When you woke up today were you in hell? No? That is more than you deserve and because Jesus died for your sins and you invited Him in by Faith you never will see hell" God loves you?
"Child it looks like this should be a special day for you and it's not even your birthday and by the way God knows what day that is also? He loves you. Why are you complaining?"

I sit at the kitchen table this morning now cured of the rainy day blues. I also sit humbled and ashamed for whining. I also sit content knowing that I am loved. Funny thing, once duck season starts I pray for days just like this. They are the best ones to hunt ducks in.
 
Psalm 118:24
New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.


 Love to all,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment