Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Trains in the distance 8/6/13

Good Morning,

Starting my day with a hot cup of Door County Totally Nuts Coffee.

Last Sunday morning while sitting at my picnic table just as the sun was coming up enjoying my coffee  and watching the dogs run around I could hear the Amtrak Train whistle bellowing in the distance.

It sounded so hollow and like it was crying out to let people know it was there. They do blow the whistle to warn people that they are approaching the railroad crossing of a road. The message is loud and clear.

  

There is a message that has been given over and over again. And even though many assume that it won't apply to them and it won't happen, like the train is usually on time and comes roaring through the crossing the return of Jesus Christ will come and it won't be stopped. Many times I have read about someone being killed on the railroad tracks because they crossed when they shouldn't have and the train could not stop in time. When Jesus returns nothing will stop Him.

Matthew 24:29-31         
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:17      
Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Now the question is this. Are you ready to meet Jesus? This train will come some day. The whistle is blowing. Where will you spend eternity? There are only two answers. Heaven or Hell. The road crossing is simple.

Jesus said.

John 14:1-7 (NKJV)

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Invite Jesus in to your heart today. I hear that train coming. Is your ticket punched?

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment