Friday, August 16, 2013

Harley Davidson and the CMA 8/16/13

Good Morning,

A day without coffee is just a day. But a Friday with a cup of Hot Door County Chocolate Melt Down Coffee just has to be off to a good start.

In a few weeks Harley Davidson will be celebrating it's 110th anniversary in motorcycle production. Every five years they celebrate and cycle riders from around the world come to Milwaukee Wisconsin for the days filled with festivities. Makes me wish I had a cycle and could join them. But then I would probably be writing this from a hospital bed or worse. And my wife won't let me get one. LOL She says when I stop sinking boats I can ride something on two wheels.

The CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) has a chapter in our area. A few CMA members belong to our church. Together they have a vision for missions. Their vision is that thousands of bikers will come to Milwaukee and that they can minister to them by having booths at dealerships where they will pray over the riders and their bikes. As well as distribute Gospel tracts to those who desire to hear about God. Our church as agreed to be CMA Central where they can keep their supplies, camp, eat, shower, pray and worship. So the other night we met and started the "move in" process. I must say this about the CMA. They are a well oiled machine, not afraid of long hours and hard work. They have a goal and that is to represent Jesus Christ to the world.

So here is what I am asking all of you. Pray for them, and all the riders coming in. Cycle accidents are often fatal. Pray for their safety. Pray for their strength to endure a long week of work for God.
Pray that if they have other needs our church can be there for them. Our church is a stand up kind of church that I am proud of. The church will not be the center focus for the week, but sees, and believes in the vision these dedicated souls have. We have been blessed with land, and a building. This time it needs to be shared and used by others. I am looking forward to seeing what God can do through their dedication and a church that sees beyond itself.

 MATTHEW
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

 I will keep you posted,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marty- we are blessed to welcomed into your church home- looking forward to all that the Lord has in store for the week. It's all about Jesus!

    ReplyDelete