Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Duck Boats 8/28/13

Good Morning.

Headed off to work with a time of prayer and a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.

This past weekend I started the process of getting my two duck boats ready for the season. I am blessed to have two boats. One is smaller for little ponds and dragging to a river. The other is bigger for larger bodies of water.

I was able to purchase the smaller one at an estate sale last year. I quickly cleaned it, sanded it and sprayed a coat of duck boat paint on it. I knew it would be OK for the season but it really needed two coats. Well the second coat was finally applied over the last few days. We used the boat quite a bit last year and I really enjoyed the time spent in it with friends and my dog Fritz. As I was sanding the boat down and starting the repainting process I started to think about every guy who went out with me in that boat. They are all good men, honest and hard working. I am blessed to call them friend. I stopped painting for awhile just long enough to say thank you to God for those friends. I stopped to count my blessings.

Psalm 103:2 ESV          
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,

Today. Count your blessings. And I bet when you count them you will find that you count someone!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment