Thursday, August 1, 2013

Staying Flexible 8/1/13

Good Morning,
 And If I were in a position to drink coffee, today would be a Door County Cherry Creme day. Next week for sure!!!!

I have been blessed to be part of many short term mission trips throughout the years. It has been amazing to see God work in so many ways. I also have been taught a few things along the way. Notice I did not say I learned a few things. I had to be taught.

One of my many issues is that I like to be in control. Every time I take one of those personality tests at a conference or class I am always type A Expressive. Which means I am wired to be a driver of processes and people. It also means I will be heard.

What I was taught can be summed up in a few short Bible verses.

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.


I was taught a few times the hard way that it does not matter how I lay out the day for a mission trip. It can and many times will be changed by God for the greater good of His Kingdom. What I learned from what I was taught is to be flexible and roll with the Holy Spirit. It boils down to trust in God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
 

Psalm 20:7 (NKJV)

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
 
I guess that pretty much says it all. Learn to follow God in prayer and reach your world. Be flexible.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment