Thursday, August 1, 2013

Staying Flexible 8/1/13

Good Morning,
 And If I were in a position to drink coffee, today would be a Door County Cherry Creme day. Next week for sure!!!!

I have been blessed to be part of many short term mission trips throughout the years. It has been amazing to see God work in so many ways. I also have been taught a few things along the way. Notice I did not say I learned a few things. I had to be taught.

One of my many issues is that I like to be in control. Every time I take one of those personality tests at a conference or class I am always type A Expressive. Which means I am wired to be a driver of processes and people. It also means I will be heard.

What I was taught can be summed up in a few short Bible verses.

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.


I was taught a few times the hard way that it does not matter how I lay out the day for a mission trip. It can and many times will be changed by God for the greater good of His Kingdom. What I learned from what I was taught is to be flexible and roll with the Holy Spirit. It boils down to trust in God.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
 

Psalm 20:7 (NKJV)

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
 
I guess that pretty much says it all. Learn to follow God in prayer and reach your world. Be flexible.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment