Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ants at a picnic. 8/7/13

Good Morning,

I just started my day with a hot cup of Door County Coconut Crush Coffee. Time for prayer and some Bible reading and I can head to work.

I have been to a few cookouts or picnics in my life time. What I noticed is that whenever something sweet is dropped on the ground and then left for a few minutes, it won't be long until it is covered with ants trying to devour the sweetness from the item that was dropped.

They all are trying to get their share. One thing we all have access to is the Bible. The Bible is God's Holy and Inspired Word.

I have found some Bible verses to describe it and our need for it.

Psalms 119:105 - NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:    

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Romans 15:4 - For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Joshua 1:8 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalms 119:18 - Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

God's Word can be the sweetness of our day, our source of hope. Like ants at a picnic we should be all over it. Yet I am sure that many Bibles are sitting unused and collecting dust.

What do you say? How about dusting it off and tasting the sweetness?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment