Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wood Ticks and You Anoint My Head With Oil 5/11/2013


Good Morning Dear Friends,

My Coffee this morning is Door County Coconut Crush. Tropical taste in the Midwest.

Psalm 23:5
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;


Earlier this week it was time to treat my two dogs for the onslaught of mosquito and tick season. This is done by taking the treatment and starting at the top of the head and applying a little all the way to the tail. Both dogs held very still and when we were done they both sat expecting a little treat for being good. I did reward them with a doggie biscuit.

This caused me to think about Psalm 23:5 You see the shepherd would take the sheep to soft green grass on the side of a hillside. The hillside would often contain holes that held vipers. The sheep being nosey and wanting to eat would stick their heads into the holes and then be bitten by the vipers. To basically vaccinate the sheep from the vipers the shepherd would anoint the head of the sheep with oil. This oil was a process they used to keep the vipers away.

God treats us the same way. He desires for us to live a full life and avoid evil. He anoints us with His Word and His promises. Let me show you some examples.




Psalm 119:11 (NKJV)

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.



1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV)

13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

 
God has given us a beautiful world to live in, yet there is evil in the world. But He is the Faithful Shepherd and has the ointment against evil ready for us to apply. Be safe out there.
 
God bless,
Marty

1 comment: