Saturday, May 25, 2013

Friendship is hard work. Part 5 5/25/13

Good Morning,

Today I can resume drinking coffee. I will be enjoying some Door County Cherry Creme this morning.

This is the last on our series about friendship. Today is my wife's birthday. Let me tell you about our marriage. I married my friend! She is a joy that is indescribable. I find now that I am temporarily disabled for a few weeks and that I really need my friend. She checks on me for ice packs, asks how my pain is and runs for things before I can get to them. I have described her as a "Good Christian Woman" in past writings.  How do I know that she is a Christian? Well I was there when she made a profession of faith in Jesus. But more than that I see the Friendship that Jesus speaks of within her.

Jesus on Friendship

John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

My wife makes sacrifices all the time for me. She gave up her life to be married to an imperfect man with all kinds of faults. She does not complain nor does she ask for much. Her laughter is music for my heart.  In her I see Jesus daily.

Sacrifice time for one another. It is a form of laying down your life.

God bless,
Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment