Friday, May 3, 2013

On Solid Rock I Stand! May 3rd 2013

Good Morning,

Today my coffee that fills the cup to the rim is Door County German Chocolate Cake.

Back in 2011 I experienced my own Titanic! No loss of life and not a huge ship. But my duck hunting partner and I sank my small duck boat. We had to be rescued. It was quite an ordeal. The muck of the river was not allowing us free as we left the boat. At one time I felt that if I sank into the mud anymore I would be lost.
We will never forget this experience.
That following Saturday at our church service the quartet sang an old Hymn. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand. (Somewhat humorous) If you are reading this and it applies to you or you know someone else that it might apply to send it their way. Many people rely on being good to get to heaven. That idea is sinking sand. There is only one way.

John 14:6 (NKJV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
We did not know what was under the water. We were not on sold ground for quite awhile. When we made it to shore we were relieved to be standing on solid ground. Jesus is the way to solid ground. He is the only way to make it safely home. Don't rely on yourself. Take Him in. He is the life vest. Like ours did in the water. Jesus desires to save you.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment